At The Mount Sinai Hospital’s Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, our entire team is focused on providing you with superlative cardiac care that enables you to live a long, healthy life. During your stay at The Mount Sinai Hospital - please don't hesitate to speak to your clinical care team or contact our office with questions or concerns.
The latest Mount Sinai Hospital policy can be viewed here: Current Mount Sinai Hospital Visitor Policy – please note, the hours listed below are subject to change and you should defer to the Mount Sinai Hospital Visitor Policy before you arrive at the hospital.
Surgical Family Waiting Rooms
Information regarding both hospitalized and ambulatory surgical patients is available from Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM at 212-241-7778
A Waiting Room for family and friends of hospitalized surgical patients is available on the 2nd Floor of the West Tower, Guggenheim Pavilion - where staff coordinators act as liaisons between surgeons, other medical staff and families.
The Ambulatory Surgical Family Waiting Room is located on the 2nd floor of the Center Tower, Guggenheim Pavilion.
Patient's Representatives help patients and their families with problems, complaints or concerns about their health care or Mount Sinai services that other staff are unable to resolve. Patient representatives provide information regarding the New York State Health Care Proxy and patients' rights and can answer questions about hospital policy and procedures.
Patient representatives for in-patients can be reached at 212-659-8990.
Out-patients may call 212-241-6848 on weekdays during business hours. At other times, calls will be referred to a nursing administrator.
The Mount Sinai Hospital has several shops, cafeterias, and accommodations conveniently located on campus for patients, their families, and other visitors. Our dining options include:
- Plaza Cafeteria: Guggenheim Pavilion, First Floor Atrium, serves a large selection of hot and cold dishes, including kosher food. Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 7:30 pm, Saturday/Sunday and Holidays, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Starbucks Coffee Bar: Annenberg Building, West Lobby, serves Starbucks coffee and an assortment of breakfast pastries. Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm. Saturday/Sunday and Holidays, 7:00 am to 6:30 pm.
- Center for Science and Medicine Cafe: Hess Building, Main Lobby, serves hot and cold specialty sandwiches and shaker salads made to order. Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Center for Advanced Medicine Grab and Go: Center for Advanced Medicine Building, Main Lobby, offers hot and cold beverages, soup, grab and go sandwiches and snacks. Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Icahn Lobby Cafe: Icahn Building, Main Lobby, serves shaker salads made to order and a daily main course. Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
We provide private duty nurses per request. The fee for this service is determined through a contract between the nurse and your family. The Private Duty Nursing Office is located in the Guggenheim Pavilion, MC Level, Room 209, down the hall from the Emergency Room. The office is open 7 am to 11 pm, seven days a week.
For more information, call 212-241-7383.
You can purchase newspapers as well as borrow books and audiotapes and have your hair styled while staying at the Hospital. For telephone and television service during your stay, please make your request during the admissions process.
- Beautician Services: Hair and nail care are available by appointment at 212-241-5570.
- Patients' Library: To request books, audio cassettes, and large-print and talking books in English or other languages, please call our Patients' Library at 212-241-6110.
- Newspapers: Newspapers are available for sale every morning on inpatient floors. For more information, call 212-241-2679.
- Notary: Notary services are available at no charge Monday through Friday, 10:30 am to 4 pm, by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call the Patient Service Center at 212-659-8990.
Mount Sinai's International Consultation Program makes the same high standard of care available to patients living outside of the United States. For more information about this program, call 212-241-1100 or e-mail us at [email protected].
Mount Sinai provides interpreter services for patients and caregivers in need of language assistance. For more information, contact the Language Assistance Program at 212-241-2700, or the Patient Service Center at 212-659-8990 between 9 am and 5 pm.
Spiritual care is provided by board certified, professional chaplains, including community faith leaders such as pastors, rabbis, priests, ministers, imams and other religious leaders, and specially-trained volunteers. This care is available to patients, families, friends, staff, and our community. Everyone is welcome to benefit from our services. To speak with a coordinator for spiritual care, please call 212-241-7262.
- The Hatch Interdenominational Chapel
Located at Guggenheim Pavilion, First Floor West, 1190 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029
- The Peck Jewish Chapel
Located at Guggenheim Pavilion, Second Floor West, 1190 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029
- The Hatch Interdenominational Chapel